For A Better Cambridge is a grassroots movement of concerned Cambridge residents and businesses who want to see our city thrive and prosper.
We have a few key concerns:
• the safety and security of residents in the downtown areas and surrounding neighbourhoods, school yards, and community parks
• the state of our downtown core, which could be cleaner, more vibrant, and more welcoming to residents and visitors
• appropriate support for the homeless, drug addicted, and those with mental health issues - while minimizing the impact on surrounding neighbourhoods and businesses
• an equitable distribution of support services across the greater Waterloo region
What is our position on homelessness?
Cambridge should provide a high level of assistance for the homeless - but should also ensure that local shelters are not overcrowded, that there are adequate constructive day programs for residents, and that there is more affordable housing in the region.
What is our position on drug addiction?
Cambridge should provide a high level of health and social services for our residents suffering from drug addiction.
What is our position on the Cambridge task force that is working on these challenges?
We have representatives on the Cambridge task force, enabling us to provide direct input to the task force – from a grassroots perspective.
What is our position on the role of regional and provincial governments?
We believe that our local challenges require significant support from both regional and provincial governments.
JOIN OUR GRASS ROOTS MOVEMENT
Show your support by Subscribing
Spread the word - we need as many subscribers as possible.
All subscribers will receive:
• information about public meetings on relevant topics
• surveys to provide direct input for our representatives on the task force
• periodic newsletter with updates on our activities
Trying to find A Better Cambridge in Cambridge, Massachusetts?